Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Well that didn't last long....



I had great plans to blog regularly... and as soon as uni gets going, my plans fall to the wayside!! Oh well.. such is life! Pick up and move on... and just blog when I can!!



Our "Freshen Up 2016" has begun nicely. Our bedroom and ensuite was emptied out and we are now sleeping on the mattress on the lounge room floor. Hubby has been sanding the window sills and re-staining them. We have been choosing paint colors and addressing storage needs. This Easter long weekend, we intend to make the most of the public holidays by painting both ensuite and bedroom walls and ceilings.

(Our empty bedroom where our bed normally is)

I haven't been crafting a great deal, apart from the occassional piecing of my apple core quilt, and some quilting on my hexie quilt. I need to make a baby quilt for my hubby's cousin who is due to have a baby in the next month or so. I have the fabric sitting right here on my desk, waiting for a moment to get on with that! Perhaps inbetween coats of paint drying over Easter?

My BOM has not been happening. Neither has my cross-stitch. I have however started a new crochet project. Cold weather crept in like a thief, and we went from boiling hot to cold overnight!! Which reminded me that the kids need winter uniforms next term... and Mop needs a scarf. So I picked up my hook and began crocheting her a scarf.


I only have 4 weeks left of term, and then it will be school holidays. Maybe I can make up for my lack of crafting then? 

No comments: